Saturday, November 01, 2008

I have been playing with Asterisk for a few weeks now, and had the worse time trying to get the meetme conference rooms to work. I read all over the internet with many people having the same issue and no where could I find a solution. The error that we see when watching asterisk using the asterisk -r command to connect to the asterisk server remote console follows like so when someone attempts to dail the conference. No application found "meetme". So what does this mean? This means that when Asterisk was compiled that the MeetMe application was not compiled at that time, and the reason that is would be because your system didn't meat the requirements in order to install meetme during the compile process. The easy way to figure this out is to run configure, once you have ran configure you should run "make menuselect" you may press enter to go into the applications that are to be installed while compiling. Anything with a [*] is going to be installed during compiling because your system has all the dependencies required. If you see XXX next to an application that means that you do not meet the minimum requirements. Highlighting the app will also tell you what you need in order to add the application. When I highlighted MeetMe, it said that I needed dahdi to be installed before I installed asterisk. DAHDI is the new zaptel, in Asterisk version 1.6 you will need DAHDI, not zaptel. I installed zaptel, so I could not get the meetme conference installed since dahdi was the dependency. I download dahdi from http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/dahdi-linux-complete/dahdi-linux-complete-current.tar.gz Make sure you compile this before asterisk. One more thing to add is make sure you get the init script working, because you will need to start dahdi also. I am running Asterisk on OpenSuSE11, in order to get the /etc/init.d/dahdi script to work, I had to edit this script. I replaced redhat with suse everywhere in the script, I also removed the first function for finding the function library. I also had to replace action with echo everywhere in the script. Once all that is done and you can start dahdi, go back to your asterisk download and run "make menuselect" again, you should see that meetme is now included as an application. Compile or recompile asterisk. As long as dahdi is running, you should be able to use the meetme conference numbers. I hope this helps, if not please reply to this post and I will answer any questions that come up.

No comments: