Sunday, March 29, 2009

I passed the CCNA on my first try, 3 hours of studying every night for a month and a half paid off. Some of you may be wanting my Brain Dump, but I did sign an agreement stating I would not disclaim exact questions from the exam. What I can tell everyone is that you must know your ACL's, NAT, and subnetting. I was asked a hand full of router summerization questions, and also was required to do a NAT lab. While studying I did every NAT possible as many times as possible to the point I could do all my nat commands without using a ? during the command execution. I did the same thing on the test, and had my NAT lab done in about 30 seconds. ACLs where basicacly look at ACL's and come up with solutions to problems, and explain how adjust ACL's in order to solve those issues. There was a hand full of wifi questions also, and some frame relay. The truth is you need to get a book to study, I used the Sybex book for the 640-802 by Todd lammle, and I also got the CCNA flash cards. I highly recommend the flash cards, because it comes with a good test engine that is included with it. Some of the questions in the test eingine have incorrect answers, so if you get a question wrong that you thought was right, go research it. I would also say any question that you get right off of a good guess, go research it. For the CCNA you need to really know and understand everything, no guessing just knowing.

Good luck to anyone who is looking to take the Cisco 640-802 CCNA exam.